When having a business it has a lot of thing to consider like having a restaurant. Managing a restaurant involves many aspects such as public relations, inventory, dealing with staff, customer service etc. to help you in managing a restaurant here are some tips for you to know and be guided.
1. The customer is always right: this isthe golden rule of business even if you don’t agree with such customer complains. On how you handle this kind of situation, it will determine if the customer comes back to your restaurant.
2. Restaurant job expectations should be clear to staff: in order for a restaurant management to run smoothly the staff should be best at their job.
3. Restaurants need advertising: advertising has a great impact of restaurant management. Advertising your restaurant is a great idea, social networking offers a low to no cost way promoting of restaurant.
4. Restaurant management should watch cash flow closely: cash flow it is the amount of cash coming in versus the amount of cash of going out of your business on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
5. There are many types of different restaurant promotions: offer promotions to your customers like happy hour etc.
6. Restaurants catering can expend sales: some restaurants has a built in catering clientele in their customer base and have all the resources needed.
7. A daily business review can help you track restaurant sales: having a daily business review may help you track on previous transactions.
8. A POS system help restaurant management: having a Point of sale system is very helpful it allow restaurant owner to track sales, cash flow, food inventory.
9. A restaurant menu should be updated regularly: prices of food changes andalso the cost of running the business as well. It is important to update regularly the menus.
10. Small steps can save restaurants money: changing light bulbs and low flow faucets are just some things that you can do to save money.
You want to look at this video to know more.